Cardamom is a spice that comes from the seeds of various plants in the ginger family. This spice is native to Southern India, and is also grown in Guatemala.
Did you know?
Cardamom is considered to be one of the worlds oldest spices, and one of the most expensive spices by weight in the world.
Six reasons to sprinkle some more
- May lower blood pressure.
- May treat bad breath and prevent cavities.
- May help treat gastrointestinal disorders.
- May help prevent against certain types of cancer.
- May prevent dyslipidemia, oxidative stress and heptic damage in high carb and high fat diets.
- May stimulate metabolism.
Moderation is key
Patients with gallstones or the tendency for gallstones may need to use caution as Cardamom may trigger gallstone colic. To find out more visit Olam Spices Website
Adds a distinctive touch to cakes, pastries, breads, sweet potatoes, beans, teas and curry dishes. Also used in many Indian, Scandinavian and Middle Eastern cuisines.
12 Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C