Garlic is a species in the onion genus, Allium, and is native to Central Asia. It’s close relatives are the onion, shallot, leek and chive.
Did you know?
90% of the garlic grown in the United States comes from California.
Six reasons to sprinkle some more
- May prevent/reduce the severity of cold & flu symptoms.
- May treat lead poisoning.
- May reduce blood pressure.
- May lower the risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- May reduce total and LDL cholesterol.
- May treat hair loss when used topically.
Moderation is key
When used as a medicinal, garlic is generally well tolerated in adults, but gastrointestinal side effects, bad breath and body odor may occur.
Garlic will elevate the flavor of pasta, tacos, salad dressings, rubs, marinades, sauces, stews, meat, gravies, salsas, vegetables and the ever-popular garlic bread.
15 Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K