Many archaeologists, botanists and food historians believe onions originated in either Central Asia or Iran and West Pakistan. Most researchers agree the onion has been cultivated for over 5,000 years.
Did you know?
Onions have antiseptic properties and were used to clean wounds in the Civil War.
Six reasons to sprinkle some more
- May help reduce the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
- May reduce the symptoms of bladder infections.
- May help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- May help lower blood pressure.
- May be a significant source of antioxidants.
- May help reduce the risk of stroke.
- May promote prostate health.
Moderation is key
Repeated intake at higher doses may cause digestive issues such as gas and bloating or heartburn.
Adds flavor to all of your favorite dishes- from sauces to soups, condiments, dressings and meat products.
18 Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K