Turmeric is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant member of the ginger genus, native to tropical South Asia.
Did you know?
Turmeric has a very long history of medicinal use, dating back nearly 4,000 years!
Six reasons to sprinkle some more
- May delay aging and fight age-related chronic disease.
- May lower risk of developing brain and heart disease.
- May increase antioxidant capacity of body.
- May treat symptoms of arthritis.
- May enhance brain function and memory.
- May fight inflammation and reduce pain when combined with black pepper.
Moderation is key
Repeated intake at higher doses may cause digestive issues, headaches, nausea and skin rashes.
Adds color and flavor to sauces, soups, curries, beverages, spreads and a variety of other dishes.
21 Vitamins and Minerals
- Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K